Last modified: June, 2019
CaredFor, Inc. ("CaredFor" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you on behalf of your treatment center ("Treatment Center") or that you may provide when you visit the website located at caredfor.com (our "Website") or use any mobile device software applications owned, hosted, controlled, or offered by CaredFor (the "CaredFor Apps", and collectively with the Website, the "Services") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on the Services and in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
It does not apply to information collected:
- by us offline or through any other means; or
- by any third party, including your Treatment Center; or
- through any third-party website, application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your usage history; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further information or during registration.
- Any information you provide to us through the interactive sections of the Services, such as comments, posts, survey answers, etc.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your usage of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
Why We Need the Information We Collect
We need the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To contact you on behalf of your Treatment Center.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We May Use or Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To your Treatment Center.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CaredFor, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Protected Health Information
Some of the information you provide to us may qualify as Protected Health Information ("PHI") under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"), and/or may qualify as information requiring special confidentiality protections under other state or federal laws. We will abide by these special protections as they pertain to applicable cases involving these types of records. Due to these special protections and the nature of the Services, in order to use the Services you must agree to the following authorizations:
- You hereby authorize CaredFor to use your name and other information about your health as described in this policy and as you expressly allow through the Services. You understand that this may include providing marketing communications to you. You also authorize CaredFor to disclose such information to its business associates for such purposes.
- You understand that CaredFor may receive financial remuneration for using your information and making marketing communications.
- You understand that information disclosed pursuant to this authorization may be subject to redisclosure by the recipient and may no longer be protected by HIPAA Privacy regulations.
- You understand that you may revoke this authorization at any time, but that your revocation is not effective unless it is in writing and received by CaredFor’s Privacy Official at email@example.com.
- You understand that if you revoke this authorization, your revocation will not affect any actions taken by CaredFor before receiving your written revocation, and that CaredFor may block your access to the Services to the extent such Services require sharing your information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by CaredFor to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes when submitting your contact information or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Your Rights under HIPAA
- Access. You have the right to look at or get copies of your health information, with limited exceptions. You must make the request in writing. You may obtain a form to request access by using the contact information listed at the end of this policy. If you request information that we maintain on paper, we may provide photocopies. If you request information that we maintain electronically, you have the right to an electronic copy. We will use the form and format you request if readily producible. We will charge you a reasonable cost-based fee for the cost of supplies and labor of copying, and for postage if you want copies mailed to you. Contact us using the information listed at the end of this policy for an explanation of our fee structure. If you are denied a request for access, you have the right to have the denial reviewed in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
- Disclosure Accounting. With the exception of certain disclosures, you have the right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. To request an accounting of disclosures of your health information, you must submit your request in writing. If you request this accounting more than once in a 12-month period, we may charge you a reasonable, cost-based fee for responding to the additional requests.
- Right to Request a Restriction. You have the right to request additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your health information by submitting a written request. Your written request must include (1) what information you want to limit, (2) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure or both, and (3) to whom you want the limits to apply. We are not required to agree to your request except in the case where the disclosure is to a health plan for purposes of carrying out payment or health care operations, and the information pertains solely to a health care item or service for which you, or a person on your behalf (other than the health plan), has paid our practice in full.
- Alternative Communication. You have the right to request that we communicate with you about your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations. You must make your request in writing. Your request must specify the alternative means or location, and provide satisfactory explanation of how payments will be handled under the alternative means or location you request. We will accommodate all reasonable requests. However, if we are unable to contact you using the ways or locations you have requested we may contact you using the information we have.
- Amendment. You have the right to request that we amend your health information. Your request must be in writing, and it must explain why the information should be amended. We may deny your request under certain circumstances. If we agree to your request, we will amend your record(s) and notify you of such. If we deny your request for an amendment, we will provide you with a written explanation of why we denied it and explain your rights.
- Right to Notification of a Breach. You will receive notifications of breaches of your unsecured protected health information as required by law.
- Electronic Notice. You may receive a paper copy of this policy upon request.